Sunday, October 3, 2010

Welcome to the Putnam training sessions

Dear Enthusiastic Problem Solvers!

I just created this blog to make our Putnam preparation more fun!  We will meet only once a week to go over some problems and to learn new problem solving techniques.  The main purpose of this blog is to serve as a forum for online discussions between our weekly meetings. Here,  you can explain your solutions (complete or partial) to the problems I will assign you every week. You can also post problems and brain-teasing questions and puzzles. So start blogging now ...  I hope this will be helpful and you will enjoy learning by participating in discussions here.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me to make this whole preparation more fun! Our goal is to prepare for the Putnam competition, but the key  to that is to enjoy solving problems no matter how hard the problems are.

1 comment: